Thursday 17 May 2007

Accept others for who they are and not what they wear

This is my style, my unique style. Even if my foot hurts, I wan t to wear heels. Even if I feel cold, I don’t want to wear sleeves. Because this is what defines my personal style. I don’t wish to change my style of dressing but circumstances are forcing me to change. Such are the opinions of my peers, and the looks given to me by strangers. If coming to a polytechnic forces me to change the dressings I have followed for the past 16 years of my life, I would rather suffer in a junior college, wearing the same uniform everyday.
I just feel that people should not give their opinions based on the majority. Accept others based on who they are instead of what they wear, rather than despise them. You may feel that im just being a little oversensitive, but not many can feel what I felt when u give me the comment.
Majority of polytechnic students come to schools with a shirt, three-quarter pants and sport shoes. But there are also a minority that has a dress code different from others, does that mean that they are an outcast of the campus? What’s wrong with wearing skirts? What’s wrong with wearing sleeveless? What’s wrong with wearing heels?
I don’t mean to make anyone feel guilty about passing the comment to me, neither am I blaming anyone. This is just a personal point of view.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home